Educational Empowerment Program Application
Thank you for your interest in the Educational Empowerment Program! We are committed to providing you with the support you need to meet your educational, parenting, and financial goals!
Becoming a participant of the Educational Empowerment Program is a great way to access additional resources to help you become the best mother that you can be. You will receive financial assistance and lots of excellent information that will enable you to reach success.
Apply to the Educational Empowerment Program today and make your baby proud!
Nominate a teen or young mom for the Educational Empowerment Program!
- Applicant must be an Illinois resident.
- Applicant must be a parenting mother age 24 or younger.
- Applicant must have graduated from an Illinois high school or have earned a GED prior to June 30, 2015.
- College students who meet the age requirement and all other eligibility requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Applicant must have a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicants entering college Fall 2015 must have already begun applying for college acceptance at the time of application.
- Applicant must be attending a college in Chicago or the surrounding suburbs.
- Selected applicants must submit a copy of their Fall 2015 schedule to Advocates for Adolescent Mothers prior to 8/21/15.
- The applicant must commit to attending and participating in all workshops and receptions in 2015 and 2016.
- Selected applicants must secure safe and adequate child care provisions for their child(ren) during scheduled workshops (workshops last for approximately 8 hours and may be held on Saturdays).
The Educational Empowerment Program is committed to equal treatment and opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF DECISIONS FOR THE 2015-16 ACADEMIC YEAR BY 9/18/2015.
Applications and supporting documents must be mailed to:
Advocates for Adolescent Mothers
Educational Empowerment Program
P.O. Box 43234
Chicago, IL 60643
If you have questions about the Educational Empowerment Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.